.243 and 4064- 85 Sierra match king.

I have had good accuracy with the 4350's powders for the 85's. I use VV-N560 with BR-2 primers for the 95 Bal-Tip for hunting and its deadly.
I would think the 9.25 twist would stabilize the 105 A-Max using RL-22. I had no luck in my 1-10 twist though, but in my 1-9 Ackley the 105 over N-165 lights out waaaaay out there. The A-Max 105 call for 1-9 twist on the box.

I have some 87gr. hpbt hornadys and plenty of IMR 4350. I'll work up to 44 GRS and see if I can get that far. Thanks for the info.. I really want to shoot the 105 Amax but I just don't know if the 1-9.25 twist will stabilize them. I have heard mixed results. I guess I'm going to try them and if they don't work I'm only out 30$ and will have them to trade in the classifieds. Haha

We have shot our standby load of 44grns with an 85-87gr bullet in half a dozen rifles with the same results, normal pressures, high velocities, and awesome groups so I have no doubt that it will perform in your rifle. I noticed when I shot 87gr HPBT that my velocity was only 3200fps with the same charge, primer, case, and everything. The only thing I did was switched out the V-MAXs for the HPBTs and my velocity dropped but accuracy was still excellent. I shot the A-MAXs in my Remington with a 1-9 1/8 twist and they shot one hole at 50 and 100yds while working up my load. I only shot a few of them at 550yds with inconsistent results, it was windy and the shooting conditions were poor so I plan on retesting them and seeing if I can get something to work at long range.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts