243 70gr and superformance

MT257

Bought some 70 nosler ballistic tips and was wondering if anyone has used this powder/bullet combo before and what their results were. I want to use varget but can't seem to get ahold of any!

Bought some 70 nosler ballistic tips and was wondering if anyone has used this powder/bullet combo before and what their results were. I want to use varget but can't seem to get ahold of any!
go to 4895 or 4064... 4320 or rl15 might just do well for you too...
I've used Superformance in my 25wssm with 100 grain pills... I wish I'd never bought the stuff.... a good load went to hell on me when the weather cooled off...

+1 on both 4895 and 4064. The Enduron powder IMR4166 is between the prior two mentioned Or the H223CFE which is slightly slower than varget. Reloader 15 takes tuning up or down with temp changes but does shoot well even if alittle dirty compared to varget.

Varget is so hard to find but it is a GREAT 243 powder. I have two loads for my 243. One for predator hunting and one for everything else.

The predator load is a 55 grain Nosler Ballistic tip shoots a little over 3600 fps into 3/4" with Varget

The other is a 95 grain Ballistic tip shooting 2880 fps into 5/8 groups with Varget.

I don't have to move my seating die. Both loads are seated the same. And they shoot the same left to right but the 55 grain shoots 2.5" higher at 100 yards. So all I have to do is dial down 2.5" and go yote hunting. Works out great.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.