.243 115 gr. DTACS

Jimm

Received a batch of 115 dtacs today so what do I do ? yup, started weighing them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Out of 187 weighed so far(whew ! ) 82 went 115.0 , 87 went 114.9 , 20 went 114.8 and finally 3 went 114.7. Can't wait to load up a ladder for these to test.
Anybody have twist fast enough for these ? I'm using them in my .243 AI , 7.5 twist. If you do and want to try some I will send the 114.8 and 114.7 bullets to you no charge. I expect there will be as many as 50 of them by the time I finish weighing them.
First come , first served /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Jim B.

I weight some Sierra 6.5 142grSMK and found the weight between 142.1 and 141.7 and I've had pretty good luck with that bullet and as far as I know Sierra is making the 6mm 115gr bullet for Tubbs. Since they are a long range bullet may not group good at 100yds I'd give Tubbs a call and see what he thinks. Just my .02

Hi Jim i have just built a 6mm Dasher and would love to try some

Pm Me if you can send them to Australia??
Cheers Bill
Australia

Bill,
The pm feature is turned off, and you don't have an email address in your bio. Don't know what the rules are re: sending bulletss to Australia but if it's allowed I will send some.

Jim

Jim, glad the made it there so quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW -- i wouldnt be sweating .1gn -- i ran 141.8 and 142.0 bullets in the same group at 1K and there was no difference in POI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

JB,

Yes , thanks again for rounding these up for me . And , yes I know you are right about the wt. diff. , really just giving others a chanc to try some of these without buying a ton , same thing I was looking for when you got these for me. Already had folks sending me emails asking for some, glad to oblige /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again , and oh yeah , since you like that stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so much just keep it , just hope you don't have any plans for a family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Jim B.

Jimm,
When you weigh them what is the tolerance, +- 0.1 of a grain? How much do you guys allow?

Eaglet,
Hey guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif JB1000 says don't sweat the small stuff, and I know he 's right . See his post shortly before this one .
Thing is I just wanted to share these with those that may have twist 's that will stabilize them cause you have to buy 500 of them at a time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif so I am giving away / sending bullets to those that might be wanting to use them but don't want to spend a hundred dollars to do so .
BC is listed at .585 at the top end,. if I can get a stable / consistent load that will go 3000 to 3150 I will be liking that . Thing is I don't want to do any more research until I get a good ( read Oheler 35 ) to diagnose the data .
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jim B.

Jimm,
I sounds to me you're having a lot of fun... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good for you! I thought I had read all of it but apparently I was asleep when I went through jb1000br's post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif That's the reason I'm always advising people never to get old! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thanks Jimm.

Eaglet -- getting old is better than the alternative /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim -- no family for a few years anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll use it for a bit then pass it to the fellow that runs www,6mmbr.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And maybe a little to a lab for analysis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
JB

jb1000br,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I don't mind getting younger!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I know what you mean!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.