.223 Headspace problem?

tlshootst .....

Your case isn't supposed to stretch back to the bolt face. If it did, you would have a tough time opening your bolt. When your firing pin hits the primer, your whole case is pushed forward until the case shoulder contacts the shoulder of the chamber. Then the powder ignites, and the pressure expands the case. When the case expands, it immediately grabs the chamber wall. If you have too much chamber clearance, your case leaves that clearance behind your case. That's how your primers were able to back out. Visit the Tech Tips section of our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM

- Innovative

Larry, I checked your website out. You and most of the rest of the guys here know way more about reloading than I do but I need to ask why do the Blackhills amo work just fine but the new Win. brass does not? Is it really a headspace problem or the Win. brass has a quality controle issue?

Larry, I checked your website out. You and most of the rest of the guys here know way more about reloading than I do but I need to ask why do the Blackhills amo work just fine but the new Win. brass does not? Is it really a headspace problem or the Win. brass has a quality controle issue?

I bookmarked your site, lots of good reading there.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.