.223 ballistics

gremcat

Can someone please help me out with a ballistics chart for a stock 12fv savage with 1-9 twist shooting a 69 gr federal gm bullet out to 400 yds.I am sure I can find it somewhere but figured I would ask the experienced people on here for one of their's as I trust you guys more .Thanks

well the BC of that bullet can be found easly enough so that part is covered but we need to know the velocity of the bullet to make a drop chart.

Are you shooting factory ammo?
reloads , what load?

How long is the barrel?

Factory federal 69 gr gold medal ammo out of a stock savage 12 fv so it's a 1 in 9 with a 26" barrel .:eek:I would also like one for bhills 69 gr reman ammo in the same gun.

Know the velocity?

It isn't always what is printed on the box. Get a hold of a chrono if you don't have one already. Without an average from your rifle, a drop chart generated by factory stated velocity is just a guess and can be way off.

I didn't mean any disrespect I though it was a sheepish eye not rolley eye I am very sorry if I have offended anyone on here . I think it is great that you guys take time out of your day to answer new questions.I have the utmost respect for all of you and think this site is full of good guys.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.