220 Swift AI

Well I got a bit of an update! I found a load with the 33gn Hammer Hunter, using CFE 223 I get 4473FPS verified with my Garmen. Its at 42.5gn which is .3gn below book max for a standard swift. At 42.8 it flattens out the primer and got just the slightest bolt click, but at 42.5 the primers look pristine and the accuracy is great!
I shot a small doe with it last fall, I wished I took a picture as it was different than anything I have ever seen before. I shot her right behind the shoulder on a clean broadside shot. The entry hole and exit holes were both about 1.5 inches and very clean. The hammer seemed to expand instantly and just had a complete passthrough seemingly without slowing down. The blood trail was great and she only went about 25 yards.
The strangest part was there was very little blood shot meat around the entry or exit, kinda like you just took a core sample, or a laser burned a clean hole for about 14'. The deer was only at about 75 yards and should still have had a velocity of 3870FPS with 1169 foot pounds of energy.
This seems to be a very extreme example of hammer bullets potential performance. If a bullet this small going that fast can perform that well I think they should work in most other situations!

The swift is really fun to shoot, it has almost no recoil. I think it would be really great for my boys to use this fall.

Well I got a bit of an update! I found a load with the 33gn Hammer Hunter, using CFE 223 I get 4473FPS verified with my Garmen. Its at 42.5gn which is .3gn below book max for a standard swift. At 42.8 it flattens out the primer and got just the slightest bolt click, but at 42.5 the primers look pristine and the accuracy is great!
I shot a small doe with it last fall, I wished I took a picture as it was different than anything I have ever seen before. I shot her right behind the shoulder on a clean broadside shot. The entry hole and exit holes were both about 1.5 inches and very clean. The hammer seemed to expand instantly and just had a complete passthrough seemingly without slowing down. The blood trail was great and she only went about 25 yards.
The strangest part was there was very little blood shot meat around the entry or exit, kinda like you just took a core sample, or a laser burned a clean hole for about 14'. The deer was only at about 75 yards and should still have had a velocity of 3870FPS with 1169 foot pounds of energy.
This seems to be a very extreme example of hammer bullets potential performance. If a bullet this small going that fast can perform that well I think they should work in most other situations!
The lack of bloodshot meat and 1.5 entry and exit holes are very standard for a hammer hunter. You'd be amazed at what those small hammers can do.
A friend of mine shot a doe at 300 yards quartering to us almost square. He tucked a 35gr hammer at the crease of the shoulder and body. The entry was 1.5" and massive trauma to everything soft. The petals exited the ribs while the base penetrated the whole way to her back ham and stopped on the bone.
This was out of a 220 swift at 4500 fps at the muzzle,impact was 2800.

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpeg
    IMG_2019.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2020.jpeg
    IMG_2020.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2022.jpeg
    IMG_2022.jpeg