22 Hornet

mbigley

Anyone have any experience with 22 hornet? I have come into about 60lbs of 22 hornet ammo and need something to shoot it with.
options:
1. custom encore barrel
2. CZ 57? American
3. Ruger 22/77 Hornet
4. Browning

any thoughts?

Matt

You will have more fun with that little hornet than a lot of bigger guns.

I have 12" Hornet in a T/C Contender w 2x and it does 1" if I do my part. I had a 14" with Burris variable but my buddy wanted it worse than I did.

There are a lot of used Contender and Encore barrels out there. You can find them in pistol or carbine versions. Used complete contenders are $350-400 and many with scopes. Several guys on the net specialize in TCs, so go to them first to find good used barrel at least 12-14".

Used Contender barrel avg price is $150 and Encore figure $175. All will shoot MOA or better if you do your part. Cannot see spending $350 on custom barrel for 150-200 yard gun when T/C factory barrels are MOA or better.

BH

[ 01-22-2004: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

Matt - I'll second that - my super 14 TC hornet is one of my favorites - with a 7x burris its a tack driver, under a 1" you will have alot of fun . thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.