22 Cheetah MK 1

I know this is an old post but has anyone made the 22 CHettah from a 243 case 40 degree shoulder? Thanks in advance.

I have had a MK1CHEEtah for about 25 years. it is a barrel burner with 52 grain nosler ballistic tips. I burned out my first barrel at around 700 rounds. I bought a new barrel but switched to 70 gr bergers. I am shooting them at 3616 FPS. It is a tack driver. When I first made the cheetah 308 br brass was fairly easy to find. Now it is next to impossible. Now I make my brass out of 243 winchester brass. I still get good speed and brass is easy to find.
Hope that helps you.

Quickload has a max load of 41.3 grains of RL-17 with a 70 grain Berger bullet with the Winchester case. This load works in my gun but you probably should reduce load and work it up watching for signs of pressure.

After you made your new brass from the 243 can you give me your final case length after final fire form. Thanks in advance.

Great caliber.Had one in the 80s, loved it for Chucks in Idaho. re barreled it to another cartridge after about 600 rounds, gunsmith verified the barrel was really shot out. Still when you get to shoot a Laser there is a price, but so worth it.I just got lazy about turning necks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.