22-250 vs 220Swift

Custom or factory? Purpose of rifle? Desired bullet weights? Reload or factory ammo?

If custom, pick the easiest to get brass/ammo for and both will do well. Factory, well more than likely 22-250.

Tuff question..... so many variables..... all things being equal.... they are equal.....
HOWEVER....... performance wise the swifts ability rises above the 250`s....
I,ve owned a few.... std. and custom..... shot alot with each caliber.
For those who have never owned or shot a swift..... do not spread hearsay..... barrel life depends on how you load them.
If you load a swift to its potential ,,,,it will outperform a 250....
Not hearsay, but actual experience.....

Tuff question..... so many variables..... all things being equal.... they are equal.....
HOWEVER....... performance wise the swifts ability rises above the 250`s....
I,ve owned a few.... std. and custom..... shot alot with each caliber.
For those who have never owned or shot a swift..... do not spread hearsay..... barrel life depends on how you load them.
If you load a swift to its potential ,,,,it will outperform a 250....
Not hearsay, but actual experience.....
Thank you Sir that's what I was thinking I have reloaded for over 40 years and have always had both a Swift and a 250 and they seem to run neck and neck with the Swift seeming to be a little more accurate. I built a 250 with a Pac Nor barrel and a Swift with a McGowan and they are both great guns. I shot a Ruger 77V in Swift for years and never had and barrel issues but then I didn't load it like a flame throwing laser either. I just wanted someone else's opinion it never hurts to ask. All of the deer I have shot with them never seemed to know the difference.

Have had both and the Swift is slightly more accurate across the board with many different bullet weights.
Of course, the 22-250 can be more accurate with a certain bullet over the Swift, but the Swift appears to be less finicky with what you feed it.

Cheers.

Interesting question.
I have a .22-250, my mate has had a .220 a long time. Something he settled on a long time back he wanted the swift he has a swift. Others have come and gone for him.

I have read that the humble .222 is inherently accurate. Why they were saying that is because of the long neck is believed to aid accuracy so it is considered it can be more accurate than say a .223.

Of course all things being equal you still need an accurate rifle and find the load to suit.

.220 vs .22-250 not sure if one has any perceived advantage but it seems the .22-50 would be better supported as @Varmint Hunter wrote.

Interesting question.
I have a .22-250, my mate has had a .220 a long time. Something he settled on a long time back he wanted the swift he has a swift. Others have come and gone for him.

I have read that the humble .222 is inherently accurate. Why they were saying that is because of the long neck is believed to aid accuracy so it is considered it can be more accurate than say a .223.

Of course all things being equal you still need an accurate rifle and find the load to suit.

.220 vs .22-250 not sure if one has any perceived advantage but it seems the .22-50 would be better supported as @Varmint Hunter wrote.
That's funny because I have a Remington Heavy Barrel 222 that will outshot them both but it just dosent have the horsepower the other two have but it will shoot a single ragged hole at 100 yds

That's funny because I have a Remington Heavy Barrel 222 that will outshot them both but it just dosent have the horsepower the other two have but it will shoot a single ragged hole at 100 yds
Not at all surprised. Thats what I was saying.
The .222 can be inherently more accurate based on the case design.
.222 were very common in Australia once but .223 pushed them out in sales volume and cheap ammo.
My mate still makes a living harvesting Roos with a .222.