22/250 loads needed

grizzlyk

Hi guys any body have any good or pet loads for the t/c encore 22/250 26" heavy 1:12 twist barrel using the berger match or match varmint 52 grain & 55 grain bullets, also a.o.l., i have H-380 & varget powders i have used on other loads. Herd alot of good things about these bullets, any load will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :rolleyes:

I am shooting 39 gr. of H380 and Winchester mag primers with 55 gr Vmax's.
I'm getting a touch over 3600 fps and it shoots consistantly in .4's in a Winchester Coyote with a 24" barrel and goes through a powder drop better than any powder I've tried.

Varget shot slightly better for me than H380 and is less temp sensitive. My 22-250 shoots best using 55gr Blitzkings and a max charge of Varget. Haven't tried Bergers though.

I shoot 52 berger mv's out of my savage and Kimber both seem to like the h4895 better than the varget and was also able to get more velocity out of it to, get info from e-mailing berger and he gave me the load data. I'm shooting max load of H4895 with a winchester primer, and remington brass. Just work upto that load and you will love them, They are death on coyotes entry no exit so far.

I'm shooting 32.5gr of Varget, 52gr SMK, with Winchester brass and primers. Same load shoots 55gr SMKs almost as well from my Savage 12FV.

It has been a while, but I believe that I was very close to that with my Berger loads.

Relize you asked about standard 22-250

Couple of days ago I was shooting some new hot loads out of my 22-250 AI. I shooting for an hour then finished. Pack up my gear started to drive home when my car was surrounded by Federal agents mixed with Air force investigators,and NASA black ops agents. They determined that the velocity achieved by my hand loads was disrupting the "Space Time continuum in the universe and was abruptly told to "knock it off" or else!

33.5 gr Varget, 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips @ 2.42 OAL give me 3415 fps out of a 26" tube. These loads shoot .3 for me consistently.

36 gr Varget, 52 gr A-Max give me 3620. usually .4-.5" groups.

38 gr WIN 760, 55 gr Sierra BTHP give me 3450 fps out of the same gun at .3"

.......but I prefer the Noslers for a little better killing efficiency = DRT!

Hope this helps you out a little.

55 Ballistic Tip

IMR4895 35.5 w/Winchester primers - prefered load
IMR4064 36.5 w/Winchester primers
either of these loads shoot well in all brass in my Ruger #1 and a Rem 700 and a Winchester 70.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.