210 Berger confusion??

Broz

Well I just got in s few boxes of Berger 210's in today, and they say they are the hunting bullet. But they have a different part number than what I have been using for the last few years...:rolleyes:

So when I look on the Berger site I now see 3 ifferent versions of .308 210's.

Can someone pleas tell me which one is the old version the Berger # 308210V ?

I want these for shooting 1000 yards and beyond. I have 3 rifles that shoot the old # 308210 very well and the last thing I want to do is change something.

Thank You!

Jeff

The new stock # for the old 210 VLD is 30515. The 30415 is the Thick Jacket 210 VLD, and the 30419 is the 210 Long range BT, a little different ogive and a slight bit better BC than the VLD. I have a 30 STW that loves the 210 BT.

Dave

The new stock # for the old 210 VLD is 30515. The 30415 is the Thick Jacket 210 VLD, and the 30419 is the 210 Long range BT, a little different ogive and a slight bit better BC than the VLD. I have a 30 STW that loves the 210 BT.

Dave

OK, so the 308210V is now the 30515 but they are the same exact bullet correct ?

If so I have the right ones.:)

To top it off Midway has what must be a type O that says the old number for the 30515 is 308120:rolleyes:

MidwayUSA - Berger Hunting Bullets 30 Caliber (308 Diameter) 210 Grain VLD Hollow Point Boat Tail Box of 100

Thank You Dave !

Jeff

Yep,

Anything that has "Hunting VLD" on it is the old style stuff. The new part numbers are definately confusing. The Boxes are color coded too. the hunting vlds (old style J-4 thin jackets) are coming in Blaze oraange boxes as well.

My .30-06 AI Loves the 168g VLDs. I wish I could afford to shoot them all of the time.....

Dan

I am wondering then how do you find out what the thick jacket projectiles are are all of the New target projectiles thick jackets? I am actualy looking for thick jacket 180gr 7mm's and thick jacket 115gr 6mm's just trying to get the correct ones.

Cheers Bill
Australia

The current part #'s for all Berger bullets are included on the Berger bullets 'tech data sheet' that's pinned at the top of this forum.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/berger-bullets-tech-data-list-39871/

Sorry for the confusion.

-Bryan

Bryan,

My old computer can't open that spread sheet. I will have to forward it to another computer.

So am I correct in thinking the old number 308210V is the new number 30515 and are they the same exact bullet?

Thanks!

Jeff

Bryan,

My old computer can't open that spread sheet. I will have to forward it to another computer.

So am I correct in thinking the old number 308210V is the new number 30515 and are they the same exact bullet?

Thanks!

Jeff

Yes.
The 30515 is the hunting VLD with the standard J4 jacket, and should come in a blaze orange box.
Take care,
-Bryan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.