200gr Swift A-frame Loads 300 win mag

bearmn56

Have had a friend who is getting out of reloading give me 2 boxes of 50 of 200gr Swift A-frames for my 300 Win Mag. I have some Retumbo, Reloader 25, H1000, and IMR7828 on hand. I have not been able to find data for this specific bullet. The friend (who did not load the 300 WinMag) told me that the A-frames require special data. I can see no reason to buy the $35.00 Swift manual for just one bullet weight in the 300 Win Mag. If anyone has load data for this bullet or the Swift manual who would be willing to share load data, I would appreciate any info that you have.

this is a follow up....never did get a response or any load data. Nosler accubond data is very conservative (I suspect that the bearing surface on this bullet is why). Starting with this data, I worked up a load that appears to align closely with the pressure/velocity data of the Accubond. I ultimately ended up with using 76.0 of H1000 for a velocity of 2840fps and no pressure signs. 78.0 Retumbo gives about the same velocity. I went as high as 80.0 of Retumbo which gave a little under 3000fps. No extraction problems but the primers were very flattened with a hint of cratering of the firing pin indentation...so backing of 2 grains and the primers from the H1000 and the Retumbo were very similar... cold and snowy right now in Montana so will wait for better weather to go to the range.

Bearmn56
Montana Territory

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.