Swift A frame 30cal

bushwackr

I am looking for some first hand info on some 200gr A frame bulllets. I will be shooting it from a 300 rum, and elk would be the largest animal I take with them. I was looking for 180 Scirocco 2's, and I ended up getting a frames. Will the bullet be to solid for a vital shot at longer distances. Would I be better off with the 180 Scirocco's

The Sciroccos would be much better for long range say beyond 500 yards, but 500 and in the a-frame would do fine. I used the 200s in my rum when I first got it and it hammered moose and grizzly, so I wouldn't think twice about using it on elk at any angle. Fill the case with some slow powder and let her rip. I would think 3200 would be attainable and with this velocity you should have over 2000fps at 500 yards and a ton of energy to boot.

Reuben

A- Frames are great Hunting bullets. Not as aerodynamic as a Scirroco, but bullet performance at any angle is top notch! Have taken Alaskan Moose and Elk with that Bullet from 100 to 500 yards, bullets that I found were picture perfect mushrooms even after hitting bone. Past 500 yards is where the Scirrico is really going to show a difference. This done with 300 Weatherby.

OK so if I use A frames it would be a good shoulder bullet for whatever distance, within reason of course

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.