2006 Tom

Huntinfool

As Sambo3006 said not exactly long range stuff but it's in season.

Here's the turkey I shot last Sat. morning at 10:30 he gobbled once about 400 yards away or more. I called aggressively with long pauses between calls. He came in silently and I shot him in the head and neck at 35 yards. (I checked after the shot with a laser rangefinder!).

Shot with Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge 3 1/2" magnum #4 Heavy Shot standard full choke. DOA did nothing but flop at the shot!

He weighed 18 pounds on a certified set of scales. (Town & Country feed store) Had a 9&3/4" beard & 1" spurs.

06SpringGobbler003resized.jpg

Chuck

Awesome. No birds responded to my calls yet and only 2 hens came in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice bird,

looks like some good fryin!!!!

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he was good! Sadly he's gone!

Chuck

I spent the morning out in western Maryland and didn't get a single response. Same place that on Tuesday I had five gobblers talking to me at once. Decided to call it quits about 11:30 and was driving down the road and there he was in the middle of the road. I gunned the motor but he jumped the ditch up onto the bank and gave me a nasty look as I went by. Time was 11:54 and just no use in trying to stop and call him.

Glad you had better luck than me.

Nice birds..I'd like to shoot something other than the eastern birds we have here in PA

Congratulations on the nice birds, guys! I'm glad I got mine when I did, as we have had some much needed rain off and on for the last week and a half. I managed to get out on the nice days and only got rained on a little bit. Keep the pics comin!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.