200 NAB. Opinions and B.C. verification?

Rl 23 is awesome powder. From 0 to 100 degrees I have found about 10 fps variation. Burn rate is right around H4831 but velocity is like Rl 22. Tough to beat in my 270 WSM and 280 AI.
I've used it and like it so far but haven't actually tested the temp swings. I was wondering why anther poster thought it was unstable?
Thanks for your take on it!

I started my F-Class endeavours with 200gr Accubond. The dope on them at my local range (1,800ft) was right around the advertised BC.
Moving to almost sea level and the BC dropped some, but dang these bullets shoot!
I don't use them in F-Class anymore, but use 'em for hunting large deer and have never had one blow up or fail in any way whatsoever.
I had a 30-378 for a bit of LR fun a few years back, and even that couldn't blow one up.

I like this bullet, it drops less than the 180gr Accubond too.

Cheers.

I started my F-Class endeavours with 200gr Accubond. The dope on them at my local range (1,800ft) was right around the advertised BC.
Moving to almost sea level and the BC dropped some, but dang these bullets shoot!
I don't use them in F-Class anymore, but use 'em for hunting large deer and have never had one blow up or fail in any way whatsoever.
I had a 30-378 for a bit of LR fun a few years back, and even that couldn't blow one up.

I like this bullet, it drops less than the 180gr Accubond too.

Cheers.
I second that! Killed over 60 deer and elk with an Accubond and never have I seen one explode. And I'm a shoulder shooter. Which is why I shoot a bonded bullet. Right throught the biggest bones and they've always performed flawlessly for me. Guess I'm just lucky. Killed a dozen big bulls in Idaho, Utah and Colrado with my 270 WSM and 140 grainer AB. Right through em, shoulder to shoulder, broke necks, angled through ribs and broke backs. All I get are dead elk. But there are bad lots in every manufacturing plant so I'm sure someday I'll get a bad one.

Taking guys out on MT shoulder season I saw quite a few 180 accubonds not penetrate into the chest of elk when shot in the middle of the shoulder. I found a few and they were mushroomed down and just not enough bullet left to over come the frontal area, a guide friend who had more issues with the 200 gr.
I had a 140 in my WSM break the shoulder but not get through on a bull. Like them for moderate range behind the shoulder but a lot of bullets work for that.
On some of these ranches you'll get to see 300+ elk shot a season, you see a lot of odd stuff.

I took a moose with the 200gr Accubond in a 30-06 about ten or eleven years ago. No real load work up needed, mag length. We didn't push them hard, I was between combat deployments and got to go on this hunt with my father. Wasn't the fastest load but worked great

Moose was 217 yards broadside. We recovered the bullet under the far side skin perfectly mushroomed. Went through ribs, double lung, heart, ribs on the far side. They are tough bullets. I have a few left over from that hunt and several have broken the tips, not the norm though. I use them in every hunting caliber I can.

i've tested it from 20-110 and had 20-30fps swings in my rifles. that's why i stick with hodgon h series powders, and ramshot powders. temp swings in the single digets or low double digets. most don't even get into the teens.

if you shoot for the shoulder then i'd go with the barnes or hammer bullets. put one through the back hip and out the offside shoulder on a bull elk. that was out of a 06. with little to no meat loss.

Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like it's mostly positive, though a few folks aren't happy with the NAB it appears.

I'm a "center mass" shooter, and these will be running ~3000 fps from my 300WM, so I should be pretty safe. I do want something that will survive a screw up that hits bone though.

Only have 3 measured 4-shot groups for them so far, but they were 0.65 and 0.88 MOA at 400 yds, and one was 0.65 at 200 yds. All were shot in 8-12 mph head winds, so not too shabby. The fact that they're at magazine length (3.49"), and near enough keeping up with the 208 ELDM in precision, is pretty sweet for me.

Just wish they weren't so **** expensive..

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.