20 MOA

James K.

I have a Ruger American in .308 & bought a 20MOA picatinny rail for it.
I want to put either my Nikon M223 3-12X42 with a 600BDC reticle or a just ordered
Riton Primal 1 4-14X44 with a RUT reticle...…
My question is : Will I have trouble zeroing at 100 yd. due to the 20MOA rail & which one is more
appropriate for the .308??……
Which ever one i don't use on the .308 i would like to put on a CZ 512 in .22 WMR that has a 0 MOA rail,
so are either of these appropriate for the .22 WMR or is it too much scope??
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use 20 moa rail on all of my 308 with no problems. All with 100 yrd zero. All my scopes have 65 moa or more internal. We are using the 20 moa rail to get our 100 yard zero on the low end of our scope adjustments, so we have extra up for Longrange adjustments

Thanks
Buck

65-100 moa adjustments total vertical. Depending on height if scope mounts most fall in the middle so we add a 20 moa canted base so we get our zero closer to the bottom of our total adjustments. Thus we have more "up" adjustments for Longrange. I am probably not making much sense. Maybe someone can explain better than me

Thanks

Buck

65-100 moa adjustments total vertical. Depending on height if scope mounts most fall in the middle so we add a 20 moa canted base so we get our zero closer to the bottom of our total adjustments. Thus we have more "up" adjustments for Longrange. I am probably not making much sense. Maybe someone can explain better than me

Thanks

Buck
That pretty much sums it up. I've personally only seen the 20moa bases help people. Never seen it hinder adjusment. My friends rem 700 with his Leupold wound up with only 25 moa so he had picked up a large gain and probably could used a 30 moa.

That pretty much sums it up. I've personally only seen the 20moa bases help people. Never seen it hinder adjusment. My friends rem 700 with his Leupold wound up with only 25 moa so he had picked up a large gain and probably could used a 30 moa.
Thank you guys for your replies & help, much appreciated, it sounds like i am on the right track.
You guys always have great comments & advice, thanks again & have a great day :)

I have a Ruger American in .308 & bought a 20MOA picatinny rail for it.
I want to put either my Nikon M223 3-12X42 with a 600BDC reticle or a just ordered
Riton Primal 1 4-14X44 with a RUT reticle...…
My question is : Will I have trouble zeroing at 100 yd. due to the 20MOA rail & which one is more
appropriate for the .308??……
Which ever one i don't use on the .308 i would like to put on a CZ 512 in .22 WMR that has a 0 MOA rail,
so are either of these appropriate for the .22 WMR or is it too much scope??
Any help is greatly appreciated.
The Nikon has ~60 MOA total elevation (30 MOA up and 30 down) and the Riton has ~94 MOA total elevation (47 MOA up and 47 MOA down). So, no you should not have any problem zeroing it. If you use the Nikon, you will have 20 MOA + ~30 MOA of up elevation, and Riton 20 MOA + ~47 MOA of up elevation from zero.

Last edited:
The Nikon has ~60 MOA total elevation (30 MOA up and 30 down) and the Riton has ~94 MOA total elevation (47 MOA up and 47 MOA down). So, no you should not have any problem zeroing it. If you use the Nikon, you will have 20 MOA + ~30 MOA of up elevation, and Riton 20 MOA + ~47 MOA of up elevation from zero.
Thank you So Much!!!!!.....i was just about to look all that info up.....glad i checked here first,.....now i know that if i do have some kind of problem, its operator error & not the equipment.....(as per usual, lol)...…...that said, im sure ill be asking more questions, hahahahahaha
Thank you again & have a great day!!!