1st Kill with the new Savage

DUKFVR

Picked me up a Savage FLCP-K in 223 the other day & went to the ranch to try it out. Found this guy Sat PM & put one in him about 125 yrds. This gun shoots lights out with the 62 grain Barnes TSX. He never knew what hit him.

DSC00807.jpg

Did he run far? How did the bullet perform (is that the exit?) If that round took care of that hog, I wouldn't hesitate to pop some with my AR and 55gr TSX VorTX ammo! Maybe this year will finally be the year I get to smoke some piggies.

Did he run far? How did the bullet perform (is that the exit?) If that round took care of that hog, I wouldn't hesitate to pop some with my AR and 55gr TSX VorTX ammo! Maybe this year will finally be the year I get to smoke some piggies.

He fell like a sack of taters. That is the entrance wound. Xited on the far shoulder. I have never recovered one of the barnes bullets yet. We normally head shoot the hogs,but this one kept walking so I just tried a shoulder/lung hit on him.Those 55 grain TSX's will smoke any piggy you hit right. We have some 52 or 53 grain barnes bullets in the corbon DPX loads that have dropped several deer & numerous hogs with 1 shot.
Give them hogs hell when you find them!! LOL!!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.