168 VLD vs 162 A-max in 7 SAUM

Thanks for the info guys!
I will throw a box of the 180 hybrids onto my next Midway order! As I don't want to leave a stone un-turned.

I tried to attach a picture of my new glass, NXS 8X32. If all works out I will continue load development this weekend:cool:

Attachments

• new glass.jpg
    new glass.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 85
Your plan is to shoot deer at 1k?? My recommendation would be to go with the Berger 180grain hybrid. The 168/162 grain bullets are great inside 600 yards but when the distances start to get long, the BC of the 180 really starts to shine. A buddy of mine has a 7saum built on a short action. With Retumbo, he is able to send them at 2900 out of a 26" barrel. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-7saum-hawk-hill-custom-135561/ sends the 180s at 3000+. We know from many experiences related on this forum that the Berger hybrids are excellent hunting bullets.

What´s your barrel length?? I´m getting curious about this caliber. I wanted a 7-300WSM but this one seems like a better option. Less barrel wear with great MV´s

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts