160 Accubond and H1000

I built a 7mm off a trued rem700, with a Brux 28in 1-8.5 twist, I found at max book loads primers were still round and went up til pressure signs were noticed. that was at 75gr, I backed off 2gr.

Nosler brass
160gr NoslerAB
H1000
Fed215M
3136fps, SD 4 fps
200yd .368in 5 shot group.
****. That is an awesome load. Is that MV measured with a Lab Radar or Magneto? What is 'book max' for H1000? That seems extremely fast for H1000 compared to everything I have read, I've never tried it

I is measured was measured with both, the labradar was a 5fps faster though...not sure what one is "lying" but both gave SD of 4-5fps. The load is over max by quite a bit, 3-4gr if I remember correctly. I spent a LOT of time working up to that load. There is load data in the Propellant Profiles book (put out by Reloader mag) up to 75gr with a 160-162gr bullets but, I would go that high again...no gains, and primer get craters and slight ejector marks. I spent many months looking at load data for the 7mm as other cartridges with H1000, and when you get to 101-102% capacity its the most accurate load tested. So with that I worked up to that, found MY max, lowered the load to safe levels and thats been it for, going on 4 years now. I have loaded 4 different 7mm's and all were over 71gr, two at 73gr. out of the 4 rifles 1 is a browning other 3 are Rems, the Browning likes the NoslerAB .020 off the lands and, the Rems like it .030 off. I cant say for other bullets as I didn't test with them

matt

with the nosler brass, 5 reloads and the primer will fall out. I only use it for hunting now so the 100 I have will last me a lifetime...I hope.

No case head separation at all, just loose primer pockets

with the Fed, Hornady brass, 3 loads and most are shot, there might be one or two that will make 4 reloads.

with the nosler brass, 5 reloads and the primer will fall out. I only use it for hunting now so the 100 I have will last me a lifetime...I hope.

No case head separation at all, just loose primer pockets

with the Fed, Hornady brass, 3 loads and most are shot, there might be one or two that will make 4 reloads.
Doesn't surprise me. Peterson and Lapua much better but so hard to find. This shortage or whatever is getting frustrating.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.