15 year old niece's 570 yard deer.

That's a nice one! 570 yards is pretty impressive, too!
That's a tough shot for a lot of people out there!
I'm especially impressed with the 270 WSM!!!
I didn't realize they had that kind of ballistics capability???

I would expect nothing less with that load and that rifle. With the right driver it is not a problem at all.

For the young lady... outstanding marksmanship! She will be respected at all campfires. gun)

Caths570deer.jpg

It took two shots. First shot was barely over its back. That was my fault. The deer moved 30 yards between ranging and the first shot. I didn't realize this and told her to take the shot. After the miss, the deer stayed in the same general area. Taking her time, she re-ranged it, re-dialed it, and calmly pulled the trigger. The bullet hit EXACTLY where she was aiming. The deer fell over backwards and instantly went to deer heaven.

It's funny because she's kind of a jokester and no one believes her on the distance.

She used a Tikka T3 lite 270 wsm, Hornady 150 grain SST's, a Bushnell yardage pro laser rangefinding scope, Harris long bipod with my backpack as the rear rest. She's not quite 5 feet and weighs right around 100lbs. The recoil didn't bother her a bit. She now calls herself the best assassin in the Jr. Sniper League. :)

Thanks everyone. We learned all we know about long range shooting on this site.
That is quite a shot. We can now welcome another LR shooter to the fold. The more we have the better we like.

Welcome from the best assassin the the Liniment sniper league

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts