15 year old niece's 570 yard deer.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by WildcatB, Nov 5, 2008.

1. WildcatB

WildcatB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It took two shots. First shot was barely over its back. That was my fault. The deer moved 30 yards between ranging and the first shot. I didn't realize this and told her to take the shot. After the miss, the deer stayed in the same general area. Taking her time, she re-ranged it, re-dialed it, and calmly pulled the trigger. The bullet hit EXACTLY where she was aiming. The deer fell over backwards and instantly went to deer heaven.

It's funny because she's kind of a jokester and no one believes her on the distance.

She used a Tikka T3 lite 270 wsm, Hornady 150 grain SST's, a Bushnell yardage pro laser rangefinding scope, Harris long bipod with my backpack as the rear rest. She's not quite 5 feet and weighs right around 100lbs. The recoil didn't bother her a bit. She now calls herself the best assassin in the Jr. Sniper League. :)

Thanks everyone. We learned all we know about long range shooting on this site.

2. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Can't wait until my daughters are old enough to get out hunting with me.

Stu.

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

That's a nice one! 570 yards is pretty impressive, too!

That's a tough shot for a lot of people out there!

I'm especially impressed with the 270 WSM!!!

I didn't realize they had that kind of ballistics capability???

4. Cobramach1

Cobramach1 Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome shot! She's going to be a great hunter. She looks darn happy! :)

5. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

What a great shot! Give her a high five!!

6. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

Very impressive indeed. I'm not sure I could make that shot.

7. britz

britz Well-Known Member

Awsome shot and deer!!! I have two more nieces starting to hunt this year -- hopefully they stick with it too!

8. BCinKS

BCinKS Well-Known Member

Congrats to you and your niece.She's probably got alot of us beat!

9. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

15 yrs old... 570 yds... really nice buck... boy I bet shes hooked! Thats great, won't it be somthing in a few more years when she racks the wsm for an Edge.

10. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

I like the camoflauge pattern she is wearing. I think I might have to look into. ;) Just kidding, good shooting.

11. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

I noticed the urban camo also. I guess at that range its not too important. Great shot and staying really coooool after the first shot being high. Nice job being a good spotter as well. I am sure this will be a lifetime memory for both of you. You are to be commended for instilling these skills and experiences in the next generation.

12. britz

britz Well-Known Member

If she can tag them at 570 she could ware blinking lights and still get deer ;) good shooting!

13. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

Great job to her on a fine shot and to you for getting her out there! It is great to see kids involved, especially the girls. I hope my little girl has the interest when she's that age!

14. land308

land308 Well-Known Member

SWEET!!!!! That will be one to remember.