140g Barnes Tripple shock in a 7 STW

keithcandler

I shot these bullets for the first time today. 83.0g of 7828 with a fed 215 primer in a new neck sized win case shot a single ragged hole at 3600. I got home and went to clean the gun and using BMG 50, only got a faint green tinge on the patch after soaking for 10 minutes. I brushed the barrel 20 strokes with Montana Extreme, wet patched the solution out with 4 wet patches, dry patched. Then let the barrel soak with Montana 50 BMG once again and got only the very faintest amount of the lightest color of green once again...never any blue. These bullets are due a second look. I neck sized the cases and fired a second and third shot with this load.

Keith,
They are wonderfully accurate and terminal with little to no fuss or mess. I shoot them in my .25-06 Sendero (100gn) at 3300FPS and deer absolutely can't stand 'em. I've got three loaded up on the bench right now for testing in my 7mmRM (140gn). I'll report back here when I shoot them. JohnnyK.

I would love to hear your loading results!

I have a buddy that is shooting them in his 700 7 Mag with the following load

Win brass
65.0g of IMR 4350
140g Barnes Tripple shock .030 off the lands

Second rifle
Win brass
67.0g of R#19
140g Tripple shock .050 off lands

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.