110 grain .257 accubonds

ccsykes

I have read that some people on here are speaking highly of the accubonds in the larger calibers, but does anyone know how the accubonds perform in smaller caliber rifles? I noticed some guys had mentioned trying them, but has anyone actually tried them and got good results?

I have several customers who run this bullet with great results on Mulies, White tail, and Pronghorn. Accuracy has been super out of multiple .257 Weatherby custom rifles. If anyone is shooting a .257, let me know and I'll dig out some load data.

I have several customers who run this bullet with great results on Mulies, White tail, and Pronghorn. Accuracy has been super out of multiple .257 Weatherby custom rifles. If anyone is shooting a .257, let me know and I'll dig out some load data.

I'm starting to reload for my new Remington 700 LSS 257 Weatherby Mag.

I would appreciate you posting some your load data for the 110 grain accubonds.

Thanks!

In the last rifle we did, we were running 69.0 grains of IMR 7828, Remington 9 1/2 large rifle magnum primer, Weatherby brass, and a C.O.L of 3.290". This was yielding velocity well over 3300 FPS from a 26" Hart barrel, and averaging aroun .3" groups at 100 yards. I use a match dimension chamber reamer with a shorter throat than a factory chamber has, and in our chambers that seating depth is .105" from touching the lands. I've tried seating them closer to that in our chambers, and they haven't shot as well.
This is in a different direction, but I've also had good results with the Sierra 117 grain Gameking BTSP in this caliber. Here is my pet load for that bullet:

Wby brass
65.0 gr H4831SC
Rem 9 1/2 primer
3.295" C.O.L. (.005" from land in our chambers)
3291 FPS

Best group with that load was .166" in a Douglas 26" barrel. Hope this helps, and Happy Shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.