10mm as a hunting round for medium size game.........

That would be a pretty hot load but he has a 6" barrel. Fenix Ammunition loads a 180 Gold Dot at advertised 1375 from a 5" barrel.
Yes, top end load but fully supported "match" chamber, std rifling, 6" barrel-- worked up to the top end load- gun has "square edge" fp stop, extra power recoil spring and hammer/main spring, oversize firing pin--its a tuned pistol. 180xtp with no.9 powder. .1gr under book max

Last edited:
Yes, top end load but fully supported "match" chamber, std rifling, 6" barrel-- worked up to the top end load- gin has "square edge" fp stop, extra power recoil spring and hammer/main spring-- tuned pistol. 180xtp with no.9 powder. .1gr under book max
I too have a 6 inch barrel, but it's a factory Glock with a 22lb spring. I'll have to try some AA no. 9 powder. Sounds hot!

200gr at just over 1300fps, or 180 at 1400fps are my 2 loafs from my rock island 6" 10mm, just bought a 5.25" springfield osp and I only dropped about 25 fps from the 6" numbers

@cohunt how has that RIA treated you? Those look like fantastic value given the fully-supported chambers. How has reliability been--any hiccups? And did you upgrade hammer and/or recoil springs for the hot loads?

If you want the best 10mm buy the Grand long bbl. Accurate, high cap, low recoil, great trigger.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 10.17.24 AM.png

@cohunt how has that RIA treated you? Those look like fantastic value given the fully-supported chambers. How has reliability been--any hiccups? And did you upgrade hammer and/or recoil springs for the hot loads?
I have the Big Rock with the 6" barrel and a double stacked 5" rock, I love them both! Planning on getting another one here next month.

I have the Big Rock with the 6" barrel and a double stacked 5" rock, I love them both! Planning on getting another one here next month.

I've been looking hard at the double stack RIA. 16+1 of full-strength (because supported chamber) 10mm is incredible. What a great bear-country sidearm.

I realize it's not .44 Magnum energy, but it's close, and the ability to get 2-3 shots in the same time to get back on-target after the first .44 Mag recoil is worth something in trade.

I've been looking hard at the double stack RIA. 16+1 of full-strength (because supported chamber) 10mm is incredible. What a great bear-country sidearm.

I realize it's not .44 Magnum energy, but it's close, and the ability to get 2-3 shots in the same time to get back on-target after the first .44 Mag recoil is worth something in trade.
The real 10mm is closer to the 41 magnum shooting a 210gr bullet.