105gr Amax 1 in 9.25?

jcoop

Has anyone tried the 105amax in a 1 in 9 or 1 in 9.25 twist barrel? I know berger says you need a 1 in 8 for the 107 but but just curious. It will be shot in a 243win. Thanks.

jcoop, You're going to have to try them; they'll stabilize is some rifles with a 9.25 twist but not others. I can tell you if you can get them to fly straight you're going to like them.

Do a search on this site and you will get lots of information on the 105's.

TAC

They shoot great out of my Savage 10 with a tame load of 4831. But it seems to shoot everything great by my standards. Hitting where we aim it.

I have a Remington 700 in .243, with a factory (not so great barrel) and have good results from this bullet. I've used several different powders, and have settled on Hogden 4350 lit with CCI BR primers. They chrono at about 2865 fps. The BC is good on these bullets and I can't complain. This may sound kind of weird, but at 600 yards I see .5 MOA accuracy, but at only 100 yards it is more like 1 MOA. I've fooled around with both the 95 GR Bergers and SMK's, but haven't quite found the right recipe for these bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.