1/9.25 twist in 243?

11bono

What bullets will I be able to shoot in a 1/9.25 twist savage? I want to shoot out to 6-700 yards . It will be my first long range gun just to get me started.

I've had good luck with the Bergers up to the 90gr boat tails , not the VLDs though in a 1-10 twist , also the 87gr Vmax and 95gr Ballistic tips also

Might give the 95gr Berger VLD a look too. Shorter bearing surface than most of the bullets mentioned means higher velocities, and the bc is quite good.

if youre worried about stabalization, I might be able to scrounge a few for you to try.

Im going to give the berger 95s a try. Do you have a load for them? How fast do i want to push them? I would think the 1-9.25 twist would stabalize them wouldnt it?

The standard twist in 243 is 1in10 so a 9.5twist should be able to handle the 105's std bullet the vld's maybe if they are driven fast enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts