105 gr Amax for hogs

logan197

Anybody have any first hand experience shooting 105 gr amax on hogs? It has worked great on deer and coyotes out to extended ranges. First time going hog hunting and I have a couple hundred of these loaded up. I can obviously load something else but I these will work then I will use them . Any experience would be appreciated.

I think you would be better of with SST than AMAX. AMAX tends to perform in an inconsistent manner when dealing with animals such as hogs. It can work very well. It can also be a poor performer.

For smaller hogs, you should be fine. It would be with BIG hogs that you are most apt to have issues.

Double Naught,
Thanks for the reply. That is what I was expecting. I have some 103 gr eldx bullets coming and will use those if I can get them to shoot.

Anybody have any first hand experience shooting 105 gr amax on hogs? It has worked great on deer and coyotes out to extended ranges. First time going hog hunting and I have a couple hundred of these loaded up. I can obviously load something else but I these will work then I will use them . Any experience would be appreciated.
Only round I have used is the Hornady FTX 160 in 30/30. Dropped a 250lb one easy

I have used about everything and the amazing is not on my list to try.
The eldx should work great. Also look at the hammers. One ladder and you will find your load. I e found that monos tend to make small calibers better for close range things like pigs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.