1000 yard golf anyone

Always! some luck involved and wind reading, my wind technique is excellent thats one of the reasons people come to my school to learn it.
I hit the golfball 8 times on the 1 st shot, this year. Normally it takes me 2 -3 shots. I shot golf balls maybe 20 time this year. Normally I let the students do it. But I had to show them in class it can be done.

The guns we use in class and for golf balls are our LongRange hunting rifles about 7 pounds minus scope and #5 contour barrels. I give the students 10 shots some get in 1 - 4 shots some in 10 some not at all. But the training is more for them to watch the rifle level between shots and reading wind. If they can be with in a few inches of a golfball at 1000 yards on all of thier shots then thats a dead animal and thats what I am trying to teach. Its not just about the ball itself.

Attachments

• C749C3FC-0478-46C8-8E1A-2B9815EBA5C7.jpeg
    C749C3FC-0478-46C8-8E1A-2B9815EBA5C7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
This young lady 12 or 14 I dont remember
had no prior rifle training or experience she hit the golfball in the rain at 1000 yards using my rain/wind technique
Even though it took her 10 shots it was amazing to see. Great students she had no prior bad habits and listened to what I told her to do she shot all animals on the 1st shot. Amazing girl.

Always! some luck involved and wind reading, my wind technique is excellent thats one of the reasons people come to my school to learn it.
I hit the golfball 8 times on the 1 st shot, this year. Normally it takes me 2 -3 shots. I shot golf balls maybe 20 time this year. Normally I let the students do it. But I had to show them in class it can be done.

The guns we use in class and for golf balls are our LongRange hunting rifles about 7 pounds minus scope and #5 contour barrels. I give the students 10 shots some get in 1 - 4 shots some in 10 some not at all. But the training is more for them to watch the rifle level between shots and reading wind. If they can be with in a few inches of a golfball at 1000 yards on all of thier shots then thats a dead animal and thats what I am trying to teach. Its not just about the ball itself.

Amazing, not just for wind call, but the elevation on the shooting system is another thing that is impressive.

If you plot the composite hits of the students attempting the feat, where would you say most of the misses were? Elevation, wind, or corner shots?

This young lady 12 or 14 I dont remember
had no prior rifle training or experience she hit the golfball in the rain at 1000 yards using my rain/wind technique
Even though it took her 10 shots it was amazing to see. Great students she had no prior bad habits and listened to what I told her to do she shot all animals on the 1st shot. Amazing girl.

Young ladies with no experience tend to do better than boys with prior training from relatives. In our junior program (16-20 in any given year) the top shooters who made High Master, President's Hundred, and Distinguished ahead of everybody were the young ladies.

Amazing, not just for wind call, but the elevation on the shooting system is another thing that is impressive.

If you plot the composite hits of the students attempting the feat, where would you say most of the misses were? Elevation, wind, or corner shots?
Wind and cant
waiting to long to pull the trigger when I call it

That is amazing! Especially considering I struggle to hit a golf ball standing 2-3 feet away from it with a club in my hand 😂

James - what rear bag are they using in those photo's? Do you get any bounce using the bipod as a front rest or does that carpet/mat help reduce this? I have always considered using a bipod off a bench but am never certain on the bounce / how much to load the bipod when bench shooting.

We've noticed the recoil impulse affecting shots from bipods on hard benches - especially on the more rigid stocks. A piece of carpet or other thin mat seems to be enough to mitigate this. I'd like to hear from James @Barbourcreek on this as well. 👍

That is amazing! Especially considering I struggle to hit a golf ball standing 2-3 feet away from it with a club in my hand 😂

James - what rear bag are they using in those photo's? Do you get any bounce using the bipod as a front rest or does that carpet/mat help reduce this? I have always considered using a bipod off a bench but am never certain on the bounce / how much to load the bipod when bench shooting.
We run atlas bipods
I designed these bags and have Armagedden gear make them for the company. They are great for LR shooting
No bounce the stocks I designed reduce any muzzle lift and vertical stringing for the most part. I teach to lean into the gun and preload the bipod

Last edited: