100 Gr Speer Grand Slam / .243 AI

Greg Duerr

Thanks for the feedback on a bullet for my .243 AI................I talked to speer and they recomended the 100gr. Grand Slam........

Anyone with experiance using this bullet ?

I used the 85gr TSX last year on antelope and it was very accurate in my rifle...............But will it be enough on a 400+ Black Bear?

G

Thanks for the feedback on a bullet for my .243 AI................I talked to speer and they recomended the 100gr. Grand Slam........

Anyone with experiance using this bullet ?

I used the 85gr TSX last year on antelope and it was very accurate in my rifle...............But will it be enough on a 400+ Black Bear?

G

The 100 gr. grand slam is excellent on black bear, worked great for me in a Rem 6mm 700 rifle. Also on antelope. And elk.

Speer 80 is a varmint round, for coyotes and such, not for deer..., I would think the 85 is way to light and would blow up on bear.

100 grand slams in .243 are the free rebate from RCBS right now, just sayin, also grand slams in other calibers, a guy can choose. The grand slam is my favorite medium game bullet, but then it is the only reload bullet I ever used , but it always worked, so why change :). In factory, Rem corelokt worked well for me.

So you used the 100gr GS on Black Bear in your 6mm? Did the bullet exit? have you ever recovered one on game................?? Ive looked into the 90gr. Scirocco and the 90gr AccuBond...........................for this fall. I drew a Mt. Lion tag and have a really good chance that I will draw an Elk tag....................and I will use one of those bullets for Elk

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.