0 scope base canted?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by RangerBrad, Oct 23, 2011.

1. RangerBrad

RangerBrad Well-Known Member

Hey fellas, got my order in from midwayusa and recieved my EGW 0 MOA HD base for winchester model 70 however, it is plain to see that this base has an obvious cant towards the front of the base. Is this common for this model or did they mismark a 20moa base? Thoughts please. Thank's, Brad

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Depending on your action, it may be thicker in the back for the flat, than the curve in the front of the action. The back of the action with a flat sits a little lower than the front of the action.

Tank

3. RangerBrad

That maybe it as I said it's a winchester model 70 type action. Brad

4. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

That's what it is. I just looked at my M70 and the rear of the receiver is lower than the front. JohnnyK.

5. RangerBrad

Thank's fellas, set's my mind at ease. Brad

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Sounds like a mismarked base to me.

I have one that should be here Mon/Tues though and I can look at it and tell you. gun)

7. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Ahh I see now. Never mind. I also recall though that there's a slight difference in some of the M-70's as far as bolt hole alignment so be sure and check that by putting the farthest outside bolts in firs, snug them down a little and see if the others will align properly.

Winchester made a slight change in the bolt pattern at some point but I can't remember just when.