“best” long action option

you should be careful what you ask for, i shoot long range but
before that i built custom target ar's.
i have an ar10/308 win that has shot as small as 0.116 at 100 yards.
i have an ar15 that shoots right at .2 at 100.
i am a 600 yd national champion with a rifle i built...on a kelbly action.

unlike you i am not limited by misconceptions

No BS...just been around a while. A half minute rifle is a half minute rifle irregardless of the action it's built on.

Stick to MOA gas guns.

what you THINK( QUESTIONABLE)and what the op asked are clearly different because everything you have said is about HUNTING rifles.

Ok so is a "fun" gun supposed to be more or less "better" than a hunting rifle? I think all guns are pretty fun...

Back to chamberings, If using a magnum action and single shot I think there is gain in an Edge vs a straight RUM, if a repeater is needed I'd go RUM every time. Personally I prefer the 338 RUM, I've seen so much consistency from rifle to rifle and the capacity favors some of our best long range powders.

Back to chamberings, If using a magnum action and single shot I think there is gain in an Edge vs a straight RUM, if a repeater is needed I'd go RUM every time. Personally I prefer the 338 RUM, I've seen so much consistency from rifle to rifle and the capacity favors some of our best long range powders.

Have you seen much of a gain with an Edge over a RUM with the 250gr berger in a repeater? I know the Edge was geared towards the 300gr so I'm curious.

I haven't ran 250s in an edge just 300's and I haven't had one for very long then stuck with the RUM, I've had quite a few guys rebarrel Edges and just go to a RUM because most seemed to think the work didn't justify the gain but now with ADG brass I don't know.

I know this thread has gone a couple directions now but as far as actions go has anyone had any experience with the PT&G B52? They're in the neighborhood of $650 which if they are a good true action that seems like a great bargain?

I know this thread has gone a couple directions now but as far as actions go has anyone had any experience with the PT&G B52? They're in the neighborhood of $650 which if they are a good true action that seems like a great bargain?

I'm sure they would be a great option if they were actually available...

OR the girl at Curves??

Pictures please! :D

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Thanks for all the replys and passionate debate! I like to hear all the opinions and experience. I still don't know what I will build, but this discussion gives me a lot to ponder.

I'd go with an action big enough to move to the next size of cartridges.

I'm kinda thinking this myself. If your wanting to play with big 338's I'd move into the slightly oversized actions like Stiller tac 338, Surgeon XL or Pierce 800. I'm in the process of getting a 338 Norma mag built and going with the Pierce 800