Best Stock for Savage Target Long Action

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Night Hunter, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Well-Known Member

What would be the best comp. stock for the money for a savage target action for a .300 win build with a cont.#5 barrel?

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Check this sight out. Stockade Gun Stocks - specializing in custom rifles

He specializes in stocks for Savage rifles. He has a pretty good selection of all kind of designs. Takes 10 to 14 weeks to get it after you order. He will custom fit it and make it any way you want. He offers adjustable cheek rest, adjustable butt plate, and various other things. He has a bench rest model. They are built rather well. My cousin purchased one for his target action. It is a very nice stock.

Tank

3. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

They don't make long target actions. I sure wish they did though!

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Stockade looks to be good and my buddy has one on order for his 338 RUM but the wait is more like 16 weeks! I think I'm going to do a Manners for the next one.

5. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Well-Known Member

Dang, there goes my plans. Should have done a little more research I guess:rolleyes:

6. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Call and talk to Kevin Rayhill. He is the owner and may make you one. Never know unless you ask. I will warn you, his grammar is a little rough around the edges.:rolleyes: Freely uses the 4 letter type.

Tank

7. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member