Zermatt Orgin 6.5CM light primer strikes??? ( pic heavy)

Z33Garage

Hello, first I would like to say that I read the couple existing threads on light primer strikes and followed the advice that was on those threads. I wanted to post my issue as well as magdump some photos I took with this build.

I purchased a Zermatt Origin and a Proof 6.5 Creedmoor barrel prefit for the Origin. Action was put together and headspace was checked with go/ no go gauges. Go gauge closes and no go does not as normal. I paired this with a triggertech Primary trigger. Action was torqued to the recomended 85lt lbs using the zermatt action wrench.
PXL_20240407_183909995.jpg

Today I went to the range to zero the rifle and test it with 4 different store bough ammo boxes ( hornady match, Norma match, federal 120g and Hornady black). I shot a total of 20 rounds, 15 of which had what seems to be light primer strikes. The 5 that did go off the primers looked slightly harder hit. None of the ammo had issues feeding, execting or signs of pressure excess or anything like that ( it was factory ammo). You can see the difference between the fired / non fired.

Capture.PNG

lightvsHARD.PNG

I took some of the ammo and shot it out of my beraga B14 and it shot no problem, Thinking maybe the ammo might be bad.

I took the gun apart at home and checked headspace once more and go works, no go does not. I removed the trigger and re installed it. Took the bolt apart and cleaned ( no excess grease on the firing pin or anything ) I took some Hornady brass that I was reloading and added some CCI primers to them ( NO LIVE ROUNDS). I hand fed the primed ONLY casings into the chamber, and 10/11 rounds went off. The 11th round had a light primer strike. I added 5 more rounts with primers and yet again light primer strikes.
PXL_20240407_175045902.jpg

PXL_20240407_180213059.jpg

go.PNG

nOGO.PNG

The one with the blue tape is the round that upon firing the primer did not go off.

PXL_20240407_193234894.jpg

One thing I did find weird was that I measured how far the firing pin went in when the trigger was pulled OUT of the chassis and in the chassis and I came back with 2 different numbers.
OUT OF THE ACTION
PXL_20240407_180410125.jpg

In the action ( Im not sure if this is significant or not.) I checked the action screws to make sure they werent blocking anything and no they were just fine.
PXL_20240407_183615322.jpg

I have no way to test the trigger vs a stock factory trigger or whatnot ( unless you all can think of a way)
I was wonder if maybe you guys can offer me some help in diagnosing this issue?

2 videos also

I also made 2 videos to see what I was attempting.

and once on the action

Not sure but I would examine this thread. It may hold your answer. This was a answer I found in the thread that may help you.
This is easy enough to determine by measuring the headspace of sized vs fired cases(with and without primers. Assuming this is OK, and your primers are well seated, I would adjust the firing pin out a few thousandths longer over your current setting. I have used BR4 primers with my PRS rifle with a Bighorn{TL3) with a few thousand rounds fired ……No FTF's. However, at matches, I have seen a couple of Bighorn action shooters adjust their firing pin distance when experiencing FTF's. Problem solved. I believe this adjustment feature was designed into the action to accommodate changing bolt heads for cartridge versatility.

Last edited:
Was resolved on Snipers Hide yesterday. Seems it was bolt contacting chassis.