Zen Ray ED2 spotting scope

g0cherr

I have been researching 20-60x80 spotting scopes in the $1000 range. I searched this site for any information on the Zen Ray ED2 spotting scope, but haven't found where they have been discussed on here. Can anyone who owns one or has been able to compare one against another scope share their findings. Several reviews have compared it's optical quality to the Vortex Razor HD. I look forward to what you can share.

I have used one for a few years it's excellent . It's 95 percent as good as the alphas for a lot less money . Only thing I could see is that maybe the coatings won't last as long as alpha grade glass but that is yet to be seen .

Bob thanks for your comments. The few reviews I have found echo your thoughts. It's too bad at this point they are not offering it in a lighter 65MM option.

I have found my experience with the Zen Ray higher end glass to exceed the Vortex Razor. I have a set of ED3 binos that I think were a better image then my friends razor set in image clarity and low light conditions. I do not have experience with their spotting scope as I simply have a Vortex "no name" spotting scope.

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered one this week and should have it in a couple of days. I found it for sale at almost half the price of the new razor. I will share some information about it once I have it.

You will be happy with your purchase......I have a one and although I have only used it on one hunt thus far, I found the edge to edge quality to be excellent. I too did a lot of research and read many testaments that claims the Zen Ray is the best bang for your buck (in $1000 range) and actually out performs a number of scopes in 1.5x price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.