Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope & Vortex Viper HD 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope?

gamehawker

So I'm interested in buying a new spotting scope for shooting at my IWLA rifle range. The range goes out to 300 yards and I would like to see my results (punches in the paper at 300 yards) of my Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STW and my Remington 700 LSS .257 weatherby mag. Also this spotting scope will be for hunting in WV and if I ever go out west to hunt in the future.

I bought a Redfield Rampage 20-60x80 Angled Spotting Scope from OpticsPlanet but I tried the spotting scope at my IWLA rifle range a few times and could not even see clearly my target groupings at 200 yards so I sent it back.

I am really interested now in a Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope.

To everyone that has gotten one how to you like it and what are the pros and cons?

I maybe also interested in a Vortex Viper HD 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope. Any feedback for that spotting scope would be appreciate it too.

Also, would I see clearly my target groupings at 300 yards with two spotting scopes above?

Thanks!

Re: Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope & Vortex Viper HD 20-60x80mm Spotting Sc

In addition, what tripod would anyone recommend for these two Spotting Scopes?

Thanks!

Re: Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope & Vortex Viper HD 20-60x80mm Spotting Sc

Doesn't anyone who has either of these two spotting scopes have any opinions or feedback?

Thanks!

I have the ZR spotting scope you are asking about. I have compared it side by side with the Vortex Razor scope and they are identical! You will be able to see your groups fine with the ZR and for less money. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply & feedback. I went ahead any purchased the Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope and it should be delivered soon. I'm super excited to get it. I also think I got it for a good price.

What type of tripod set-up do you use for your Zen Ray?

I will let you know what I think of the Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope after I've been to the rifle range a few times.

Thanks again for the reply & feedback.

Tim

I got the Zen-Ray 20-60x82mm Angled Spotting Scope on Tuesday and it is SWEEEEET! :D

On my way to the rifle range yesterday I stopped by my local Walmart to see what type of tripods they had. Low and behold they a returned brand new Manfrotto MKC3-H01. I bought it and it works perfect!

The best part it was pretty inexpensive and it fits in my range bag. :)

Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Photo-Movie Kit QR (Black) MKC3-H01 B&H Photo

The Manfrotto MKC3-H01 replaced the Monfrotto Modo Mini tripod. Some LRH members had reviewed that tripod a few years back and gave it good reviews.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f23/monfrotto-modo-mini-tripod-review-47314/

I love my spotting scope set-up. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.