Zeiss Victory Diavari T or Zeiss Diavari Z MC

jarodjohns

Does anyone have any details on the differences between these 2 scopes? What coatings are on which and which is better? I thought I recently read on this forum that the Zeiss Diavari Z MC had the best coating that Zeiss has ever offered. The reason I ask is I bought what was described as a 3-12x56 Victory Diavari T (newest model) and it turns out to be a Diavari Z MC. The great surprise you get of buying off Gunbroker with no pictures and sold as is. Any input would be awesome.

They are two different scopes, the T being the newest version with their latest and greatest coatings. The T version is the better of the two, with the water repellant coating on the lenses. Gunbroker can be the greatest thing or your worst nightmare sometimes. Good luck!

Mac

Mac, Thanks for the clarification. I went back and finally found a thread that discussed this and it looks like the Diavari Z is nothing more than a Conquest with a 30mm tube. May have an extra layer of lens coating but it is NOT a Victory Diavari by a long shot. I didn't think it was as I've owned a couple of the Victory Diavari's and I thought they had better glass as this one compares with my Conquests.

If you truly want to see a big difference look through the new Victory HT's. When it comes to low light performance these are the bees knees! The Victory FL's are pretty awesome too.

Mac

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.