Zeiss technical info (mil & MOA) lacking in literature and webiste

sdowney

I have a new Zeiss Conquest 6.5 x 20 x 50mm mil dot scope with target turrets. I'm getting ready to put it to the test on a back country elk hunt. I'm generally happy with the scope, however, the techinical literature from Zeiss is severaly lacking.

Can anyone tell me if the mil dot are: A) army style (3.53"/mil) or B) marine at 3.6"/mil?

Also, does Zeiss consider an MOA to be 1" or 1.047" at 100 yards?

Many thanks.

Scott

They are 3.6 for the Mil and that is on 10 power. I thought they were in inches though but can't remember that for sure.

MOA is MOA there is no manufacturer that I am aware of that will tell you that an MOA is equal to an inch. Do some research and you will find this to be the case.

Interesting....went to their website and it does indeed say "adjustment per click 1/4 inch", however I have 3 Conquest boxes here at home and they all say MOA 1/4, Looks like its test time:D

Chris

I have one 3.5x10, two of the 4.5x14's, and one 6.5x20 and have never shot over 600 yards with them. Dialing anyway. I have never had any problems at those ranges. I'll do a box test with my 223 and see what I get.

Now you can see the confusion. Is Zeiss just saying 4 clicks equals an inch because that is true for the ordinary situation and close enough to 1 MOA or did they really calibrate their scopes for 1/4 inch adjustments?

MOA is MOA there is no manufacturer that I am aware of that will tell you that an MOA is equal to an inch. Do some research and you will find this to be the case.

...yeah...about that research, the Zeiss website does say each click is 1/4 INCH adjustment. Also, in the skimpy manual, is says that four clicks will move the point of impact one INCH at 100 yards.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.