zeiss rapid z800 scope

johnnyappleseed

This is my 1st post here
My long range rig is a winchester 70 sporter 25-06
It's got a cheap simmons 4x12 on it but I got a .37" group with my 1st reloads
Anyway I'm planning on getting a zeiss 4-14 conquest rapid z800 for it in about a month.
I've got a leica 1200 yard rangefinder so I do plan on hitting stuff well past 500 yards
So do any of you guys have any experience with this scope?

Zeiss conquest scopes are outstanding and I don't think you would regret it one bit if you purchased one. The new Rapid Z reticles are becoming very popular.

I have mixed emotions about the drop crosshairs. I guess I'm so used to having a lot of uninterupted field of view....don't like a lot of "clutter" in there. However, they are excellent scopes. I think if I got one I'd not want that reticle.

This is my 1st post here
My long range rig is a winchester 70 sporter 25-06
It's got a cheap simmons 4x12 on it but I got a .37" group with my 1st reloads
Anyway I'm planning on getting a zeiss 4-14 conquest rapid z800 for it in about a month.
I've got a leica 1200 yard rangefinder so I do plan on hitting stuff well past 500 yards
So do any of you guys have any experience with this scope?

The busy reticle doesn't bother me at all. I put a 4.5x14 Rapid Z 800 on my 300 RUM. Can't wait to see how it works over the long haul. The Zeiss web site with the Z calculator is very handy at determining various drops with any bullet, shot at any velocity, when using the Rapid Z reticle(s). Glass is bright and clear.

The best all around compromise is the Rapid Z 800. Not as cluttered as the 1000, but more useful than the 600. It's my favorite.

We would love to set you up.

Scott

Don't have the 4.5-14 but do have the 6.5-20. Pretty nifty I'd say.

If you don't click then you surely want some kind of a ranging/drop reticle.

I click so don't have the clutter but don't mind it w/a FFP mil dot in the least.

well there is no doubt that Zeiss is an excellent scope and one that handles low light very well. The rapid reticles go up to 1000 but 1200 is on the ticket some time soon. You do have to match power to reticle to caliber but this is all explained on the Zeiss web site and the key is the power of the variable scope. If you are shooting long distance, it is hard to beat the scope. The current world record varmint shoot is 1.78 miles which is a mind-blowing distance. at which point the rapid reticle would really be in your way. The scopes that these long distance shooters are usually modified Leupolds (premier reticle comes to mind). But for we mortals, Zeiss imo is the best bang for the buck

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.