Zeiss hd5 w/lockable turret

d500lnn

tell me about these scopes...the good, the bad as the ugly

Are the turrets reliable....like go back and forth to target range to zero?

I need a 1" tube scope that has parallax adjustment and some ability to dail ranges(I will do very seldom)

Thanks

d500lnn

I hope they kick ***, EuroOptic has them on clearance plus 15% off but I think today is the last day for the extra 15% off. I grabbed a 5-25 with locking turrets and varmint plex, ended up at $662.

with clearance pricing, they are the best you can get. Super glass. The locking turrets is an option. Basically a screw stop that can be removed. I don't use mine as it limits your elevation adjustments to about 17 MOA or so.

I have the 3-15 with lock plex. I have used it for dialing from 300 to 1125 (I removed the zero stop screw). I have never had a problem with it returning to zero. The only downside, as another poster noted, is that with the zero lock, you are limited to one turn, 17 MOA. But otherwise, the glass is very nice, it dials well, has a lot of elevation travel, especially for a 1" scope, it was my favorite scope until I got a VX6.

I have a question I have a hd 5 1inch tube 50mm i adjusted it one inch left and shot it that shot it shot 2.5 inches high and it is a lockable scope it grouped again same place to where it moved high what is my problem is they something iv not done right

Can't say what exactly happened here. If I understand you correctly, you adjusted elevation 4 clicks left and your point of impact moved 10 clicks up. I don't quite understand the rest of your post, but what I would do is run a quick box test, that is fire a 4 shot group where it is at 100 yards. Note that, then run 16 clicks up, note that, run 16 clicks right, note that, 16 clicks down, note that, 16 clicks left. You should come back more or less to where you started. That said, for this to work, you, your gun and your load have to be very consistent. You need to be shooting for a very good rest. And you need to take your time between shots, and between groups. In other words, you have to be very accurate or you won't know whether there is a scope problem or some other problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.