Zeiss Conquest vs Trijicon Accupoint

bruinte96

I am thinking of purchasing one of these scopes to put on my 6.5 Creedmoor. It's between the Zeiss conquest HD5 5-20x50 with a mil-dot reticle and a Trijicon Aacupoint TR23-2 5-20x50 with mil-dot reticle. Any one who has used either would like your opinion of each. Any one who has any info on their function or glass quality please post. Thanks Tom

Mix matching turret/reticle........I would pass on each. Decent glass on each. Not a ton of adjustment on either but because you are shooting a 6.5 i guess that wouldn't be a big deal depending on how far you were wanting to shoot.

You may need to rethink your options. The Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 is not available with a mildot reticle. The old Conquest 6.5-20x50 is the only Conquest or HD5 currently available with a mildot.

I don't have an HD5, but I have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 and I love that scope! You can't even tell that it's a 1" tube, compared to most 30mm tubes. If it was a 30mm tube, would be the only improvement I'd make on that scope, b/c it would be letting in so much light with a 30mm tube that you'd be able to coykte hunt at midnight over an open field.

I have a Zeiss 6.5x20 and I can tell you it is the clearest and best scope that i have. I have a Leupold 8.5x25 and I can see bullet holes at 100 yards better with the Zeiss scope. In the future I plan on having more Zeiss scopes.

The clearsst scope I own, is my Kahles Helia KX. My next clearest scopes are my 2 Zeiss scopes, and next after that would be, believe it or not, my Konus M-30 8.5-32x52, Nitrex 3-9x50, and Simmons Aetecs. The Nitrex is a $300-400 scope and is incredibly clear and crisp! It has been an excellent scope for me for years. It handled the recoil from my 7STW for years, and stayed dead-on zero'd the whole time! Now it resides on my old Ruger 77 skeleton stock (ultralight) 7mm Rem Mag, since the Simmons on it couldn't handle that much recoil for that many years from a gun that lightweight. Now it sits on a .17 HMR, since the scope is still good, but needs an easier life.

But I'm here to tell you...For the money, those Zeiss Conquests just can't be beat, IMO!

You cant go wrong with either scope period. However since your close dollar wise. I would go with the Trijicon! The Zeiss is hard to beat period but the Trij, IMHO is the one that does beat it. The optics in the scopes are extremely good plus you get 30mm tube for more strength and the addition of the lighted dot for close to the same money. Clear winner IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.