Zeiss conquest HD 5x25- 50

I'm looking for another scope but would prefer the 3-15 rather than the 5-25 but like how the 5-25 turrets are tucked in nice and low with the one inch tube. Does anyone know if you can get the same external turret like on the 5-25 in 3-15 rather than the capped adjusters as shown in every picture I've looked at. Also what about zero stop? I have emailed Zeiss....good luck with that!

Yep the 5-25 at 26.6 is a little heavy but the 3-15 is 18.4....just right.

I'm looking for another scope but would prefer the 3-15 rather than the 5-25 but like how the 5-25 turrets are tucked in nice and low with the one inch tube. Does anyone know if you can get the same external turret like on the 5-25 in 3-15 rather than the capped adjusters as shown in every picture I've looked at. Also what about zero stop? I have emailed Zeiss....good luck with that!

Yep the 5-25 at 26.6 is a little heavy but the 3-15 is 18.4....just right.

You can get the turrets on the 3-15...I just ordered one.

The Lockable part means, you have to lift the turret to turn it. Basically like the old zeiss covered turret except when you lift and turn it adjusts (clicks) rather than just resetting the turret. I believe to reset it to zero after sighting in the single slot screw on top is removed and turret set to zero. Then to adjust for longer ranges, lift the turret and click it the desired amount.

The 3-15 is supposed to be about 18 oz and 20 moa per turn and 70 moa total elevation.

Zero stop would be great also.

gary

You can get the turrets on the 3-15...I just ordered one.

The Lockable part means, you have to lift the turret to turn it. Basically like the old zeiss covered turret except when you lift and turn it adjusts (clicks) rather than just resetting the turret. I believe to reset it to zero after sighting in the single slot screw on top is removed and turret set to zero. Then to adjust for longer ranges, lift the turret and click it the desired amount.

The 3-15 is supposed to be about 18 oz and 20 moa per turn and 70 moa total elevation.

Zero stop would be great also.

gary

Sent you a private message.

was just checking it out on the zeiss website and it seems maybe...could it be...

"Those CONQUEST HD5 models with target turrets have a newly designed lockable target turret with a zero stop. To adjust the elevation or windage, you will lift up on the turret, make any necessary adjustment, then push down on the turret again to lock it into place. It also features zero stop at the zero reference. The CONQUEST MC turrets were neither lockable nor featured a zero stop."

I copied this from their site.

Also, the turrets now turn the same direction as most other scopes. That was my main problem with the conquest scopes, they were backwards from every other scope I owned.

Gary

was just checking it out on the zeiss website and it seems maybe...could it be...

"Those CONQUEST HD5 models with target turrets have a newly designed lockable target turret with a zero stop. To adjust the elevation or windage, you will lift up on the turret, make any necessary adjustment, then push down on the turret again to lock it into place. It also features zero stop at the zero reference. The CONQUEST MC turrets were neither lockable nor featured a zero stop."

I copied this from their site.

Also, the turrets now turn the same direction as most other scopes. That was my main problem with the conquest scopes, they were backwards from every other scope I owned.

Gary

Where did you find that info? Have searched the Zeiss web site for 3 days and never saw that. That web site totally frustrates me.

Where did you find that info? Have searched the Zeiss web site for 3 days and never saw that. That web site totally frustrates me.

while on the HD5 page there is a tab for questions and answers. I pulled that up and found the info there.

Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.