Zeiss Conquest dialing ?

6mm

I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 on a 300 RUM. I'll shoot 165 or 180 grain bullets and need to know if I zero at 250 yards how far can I shoot by only turning the knob one revolution? Basically, how many clicks are there in one revolution on this scope? I hope I don't need to buy different bases, but if I do please let me know. I don't want to spend more than $100 on bases if I don't have to. Thanks

The Conquest 4.5-14x50 MC has 68 IPHY adjustment which would result in 34 IPHY usable if the scope just happens to me mounted such that the elevation turret is center on the POI at your chosen zero distance.

Depending on your current scope base you may or may not want to get a different scope base. If you can use Burris Signature rings on your base I'd suggest getting them with the +/- 10 moa which will give you 20 MOA making more of the 68 available for elevation.

My 6.5-20 shows 18 MOA per revolution but has only 36 MOA of elevation adjustment. Thus I have the burris 20MOA rings. W/a 200 yd zero one full revolution 18 IPHY gets me on at 1045.

The short answer is, I don't know the Inches/Revolution of the turret. Looking at it would be about the only way to tell.

oh, if you are using a Leupold type base with the windage screws on the rear of it, dump it and go with the double dove tail. I learnd the hard way......

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.