Z3 or Duralyt???

86alaskan

So, just sold off one rifle to buy another, and now I need to scope the new one. The rifle is a Tikka T3 338WM. Its got a rail so rings aren't too hard to come by. Does anyone have any experience one way or another with either the Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 or the new Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50? I really like the specs and look of the Duralyt Illuminated version, but can't find one in Anchorage to look at. I know that the Swaro will work well and is very nice, but I can't have that model in illuminated reticle. Or.... any suggestions in that power range for up to $1k? personal opinions and field experience greatly appreciated.

I was just going through this same decision process and ended up with a Meopta Meostar.

I was skeptical at first, but listened to Keifer at Europtics and happy I did.

For the money, I think they are exceptional as they are very well built and the glass is at the top.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but you may want to take a look at these for what you want to spend.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.