Wyoming Thorofare elk

L.Sherm

Any suggestions or info on the thorofare would be appreciated.
My nephew and I have 15 points combined for deer and elk thinking of putting in for elk this 2020 or 2021.

The only info I remember from hearing about the Thorofare was that it was full of Grizzlies. So maybe brush up on some "bear spray versus handgun" threads on the subject......hahaha.

But seriously, good luck if you end up drawing.

Really dont want to burn up all the points on the thorofare but I know it has got good bulls so open to any other suggestions with the points we got.

I'd look at Bill Perry with Hidden Creek Outfitters. He has two camps. They usually take bigger bulls at his camp closest to Yellowstone. If 15 points is max, and yer considering a guided hunt, I'd look at the Q Creek Ranch in 16.

I'd look at Bill Perry with Hidden Creek Outfitters. He has two camps. They usually take bigger bulls at his camp closest to Yellowstone. If 15 points is max, and yer considering a guided hunt, I'd look at the Q Creek Ranch in 16.
Thanks

Only reason I'm considering guided is wilderness in Wyoming out of the wilderness I'd do my own thing

I have hunted with Bill Perry numerous times and he has a top notch outfit. Last week of the season and you can catch the migration. Good luck.

Sherm - with that many points, you may want to consider waiting another year or two for a late season hunt, to have a realistic chance at 340"+.......can kill a 350" bull in the Therofare too, but fewer and far between. If you are set on Thorofare, check out Triangle X Ranch (killed a few 370" bulls this year) and Yellowstone Outfitters. Most good Thorofare outfitters are booked 2-3 years in advance though.

I know I love packing into the high country I've done quite a bit of it here in montana, that's the biggest appeal to me in the thorofare.
I know a guy who guided for years in the Tetons I talked to him about there also.

Tetons or Teton Wilderness? big difference. I guided for 20 yrs in the Teton Wilderness for Triangle X ranch and believe me that the Thorofare area is to hell and gone. Furthest road-less area in continental us. Tough getting in no matter if coming from Cody or Jackson. Passes can get snowed in October. Outfitters do it for a living and still get in trouble with weather and bears.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.