Wyoming help?

Guy M

Have a small problem... Maybe one of you Wyoming types can help me out.

I drew a non-resident mulie tag for Region F.

Booked an outfitter. Outfitter went out of business. I still want to hunt mulies in Wyoming!

I've recently recovered from shoulder surgery and am not full strength, but am doing fairly well. Hiked about 10 miles while hunting this past weekend, no problem. Held the pace down. I can carry a pretty heavy pack, no problem, I'm just slower than normal. I shoot my mild-recoiling .25-06 just fine, and have it zeroed at 300 yards with 100 gr Barnes TSX bullets.

Have all the necessary camping & hunting gear and if I must, I'm prepared to deal with a fair amount of cold. Would sure appreciate some suggestions on where I can put together a do-it-yourself hunt at this point. Looking to hunt the first week of November. I can dedicate about 10 days to the hunt.

Please advise. Was looking to hunt the 111 area above the river, west of Cody, but my outfitter went out of business. I need somewhere that I can drive a 4x4 pickup to, camp or grab a motel room, and hike in to hunt.

Thanks, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.