Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

RandyinVa

I notice the state does not want to help out of state people locate there! I will want to live near areas where I can do serious rockchuck shooting at extreme distances. I need to buy a small lot away from civilization but close enough to be safe from theft when I was away from home.
Any help will be appreciated. I hope to quickly find a serious long range shooting nut for a companion.

Not from WY but........

I gather rock chucks by the hundreds are few and far between. PDs, on the other hand, are extra numerous.

I'd consider looking around Ft. Bridger, in the southeast corner. Kind of a central location for WY, CO, UT and ID.

Easy drive to anywhere in the west, (by western standards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I would suppose the crime rate in WY is pretty low. Lowest number of illegals in the US. Everyone owns a gun and usually has it handy. And they don't hesitate to get'er out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, winters are Loooonnnng and summers are hot and short. Mean wind velocity is about Mach II but the direction is pretty constant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lowest number of illegals?

Was that before or during the recent energy boom?

Also, I know that with this energy boom the crime rates have increased greatly. The living expenses in areas has risen dramatically and jobs at Walmarts and McDonalds are paying in the $20/hr range. I even heard that the Walmart in Gillette suspended their drug testing policy so that they could actually hire enough people (rejects from mines, oil and gas) to even open up.

If you can find an area of the state where this isn't an issue, the state is pretty neat and definetly gun friendly.

FROM WYOMING AND A RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTOR.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WE ARE ONLY STATE IN THE NATION WITH MORE CRITTERS THAN PEOPLE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

YOUR LUCKY DAY !! LOL

You want to move thousands of miles just to shoot these poor defenseless critters
DSC00752.JPG

maybe a couple of these too?

DSC00895.JPG
DSC00487.JPG
DSC00583.JPG
DSC00482.JPG

You may want to contact a Broker to help you find something to your likeing? Email me and I can recommend a good one in the Casper area.
Be prepared though something with a mountain view is gona be $$$$

i went to Jackson hole this past winter and fell in love. i think that it would be hard to find a place with more animals. we set eating lunch and saw tons of elk two moose one coyote and some big horn rams all in one meal. i wish i could find a way to make a living i would be gone in a hart beat. what do people do up there for a good living.

hope you like the wind.... Casper has highest suicide rate in the whole state.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

when the wind stops blowing there,,, people fall over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hope you like the wind.... Casper has highest suicide rate in the whole state.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

when the wind stops blowing there,,, people fall over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
you want to talk about the wind. i can tell you about the wind come down to corpus christi ,TX where the trees grow side ways from the wind pushing on them. we have 20-30mph winds here all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was looking at the Sundance area, my gun manufacturer is there (MOA) and I know an electrical contractor there too. (on the same road).
I just have to convince the wife to move there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I hunted the Casper area last year for antelope and know what you mean about the wind, and heard about the suicide rates too. I wanted to get a sticker I saw with the little guy 'whizzing' into the wind with the caption '**** that WY wind' Still haven't found one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Randy,

I'm not a WY resident any longer, I'm back in AR where I am originally from. I did however have a (mainly) summer home outside of a little town called Pinedale. I spent summers there for about 8 years. Pinedale is located about 70 miles (as the crow flies) south and a little east of Jacksone Hole. It is at the transition line between the mountains and the sage flats. Hunting and fishing oppotunities are awesome in the area. Pdogs, yotes, rockchucks for varmints on to deer, elk, moose, bear........the flyfishing on the Green and New Fork rivers ain't bad either! The Wind River range is right behind town with several 12 to 14 thousand foot peaks. There are lots of trailhead access point into the mountains right outside of town.

Land is not too bad as long as you get a little out of town and don't have a river or mountain view. As a previous poster pointed out, mountain views equal $$$$ the closer and better the view the more. Save your money on the land, there you can drive to a mountain view in 5 miles from just about anywhere around.

Awesome, Awesome country, I hope to have a place out there again in a few years. The summers are just wonderful out there, but short.......the snow melts in May and you could get a good snow on into June. You can expect it to start again sometime in Sept and usually starting to pile up sometime in Oct or Nov. In a word the winters are simply "BRUTAL" and long..........I guess that was two words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No income taxes, lots of critters, good people, plenty of room to roam and shoot........what more could you ask for.....Go for your dream!

I was told once that if you want to make a million bucks in ID/WY/MT you have to work a million hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So far he was spot on.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts