Wyoming 2021 Deer and Antelope hunt-need help and suggestions

reedap1

Greetings all,

I enjoy the wealth of information on these forums...

I have decided that it is time for me to use my Wyoming points in 2021 and I would value member opinions and suggestions on how best to spend them. Currently, I have 9 Antelope and 8 Deer points from Wyoming due to my diligently buying them every year after my 2010 hunt there which was very productive and rewarding. It was a DIY hunt and I've been longing to get back to Wyoming ever since. I live in Pennsylvania and the vast open spaces were wonderful to experience. I have lots of hunting experience including 6 African safaris, elk, and other hunting in the US. I would really like to do a combined deer and antelope hunt and as I'm retired, I have a pretty flexible time.

So, I would very much value suggestions and opinions on a hunt. I would consider a DIY/self-guided, trespass fee or a fully guided hunt with a reputable outfitter.

Give me some suggestions and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul

I guess the first question is are you looking for trophies or for representative animals. With that many pref points I would guess the first. I hunted deer/moose with Bob Beck of Star Valley outfitters. I got a nice 170 class deer and missed a 180 class. Saw one in camp that was over 200 inches. They get a couple over 200 every year. Comfortable camp and good horses.
I saw a TV segment recently where they killed a nice pronghorn just before he went to deer camp so somewhere in the western part of the state. Wouldn't hurt to ask him about it.
Also this was just posted:https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/wyoming-trophy-antelope.257278/
Send a DM and see if that interests you any for the pronghorn.
Bruce

Area 27 s of gillette. You will need 5 or 6 of those Antelope points. Tons of nice antelope, plenty of public land, great camping areas or stay in gillette 30 min out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.