Wyatts Box: Bottom Metal?

Big_Tex22

Hey guys another parts question for my 300Rum build.

Shopping for bottom metal I'm going BDL and planning on using a Wyatt's box, which on their website says is 3.91" long.

My question (probably a dumb one) is how important is spending up to 300$ on bottom metal? I mean what are you getting for that and how does it relate to smaller groups?

I'm looking at the PTG in "tactical steel", it is a lot more in my price range. But wondering what the fit with the wyatts box and the functionality or if their will need to be some smithing involved on the bottom metal?

Let me know what you think, or if I need to go a different direction?
Thanks guys, this site is such a help for a newbie.

I will let others comment on the bottom metal and the need for it. Make sure you understand that the outside demensions of the Wyatt is 3.90 not the inside. Inside measures more like 3.840 so keep that in mind when loading rounds.

Ok for whats its worth, I have a sendero 300RUM, I decided to go with a wyatt extended box magazine, I too was curious about the bottom cover and the follower. The one I used I didn't have to change either one and it was rather easy to change, make sure you have some metal bits for your dremel and then you will need a cutting wheel for your dremel to trim the bolt stop. just take your time, cut once measure twice. Will take about 45 minutes.
Good luck and if you need any other info shoot me a pm.
Chuck

No Need. I have the Wyatts in my ultra with stock bottom metal. I never understood it either. What I figured its just a needless upgrade.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.