Wyatt magazine box

mike33

In the process of builing new short mag. Is it worth the money for the Wyatt magazine box gaining .115". Am i really going to be able to seat my bullets that much farther out?
mike

Kevin makes both extended and expanded magazine boxes. The expanded mag boxes work best with the short magnums. I am not a fan of Kevins center feed SA mag boxes.

The extended mag boxes fit right into a Stiller Predator. You will have to mill out the botom of the action on a Remington 700. This is best done with a mill and not a dremel tool.

Nat Lambeth

Mike,
Without the details on what your using I can only assume your wanting to use Remington short action, and a .257 x 300 WSM. The factory box mag only allows for a 2.880" o.a.l. while the Wyats allows for a 3.000 . The 300 WSM has a o.a.l. case length of 2.100" and a neck length of .336" . I don't have a 100 g Nosler in front of me but I assume bullet o.a.l. is around 1". Your throat length will ultimately determine how far out you seat the bullet. You should have no problem seating a 100g Nosler BT down in the magazine with the info I have so far.

Yes, i bought a new 270 wsm for action so i know it would feed okey. I guess what im really asking is am i going to gain $60.00 worth by buying this box. I have no plans of going over the 100 gr. bullets. I have 2 whby's i use them and very happy.
mike

As long as you have the throat set to a dummy round with the 100g Nosler BT and properly seated where you'd like it, you will have no problems using just the factory magazine. The Wyatt's are mostly for someone who is going to be shooting the longer heavier VLD type bullets and still want to have them down in a magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.