Wyatt Magazine Question

greener280

I am having a rifle built on a stiller predator long action. They are cut for the Wyatt Extended Magazine boxes and I am wondering if I have to let McMillan know about this for inletting my stock. Also if a standard Remington long action BDL floor plate will work with them.

Hi, i use the wyatts box and standard bdl floorplate on my stiller it works well.What are your plans for the build?

Stiller Predator Long Action
7mm Rem Mag throated for 168 Berger VLD
26in 5.5 contour fluted Kreiger barrel
McMillan Rem Sporter Stock
Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50 LR with target turrets

I agree with asking Kevin himself. No better source that the maker. It has been my experience that Kevin's mag boxes are approximately .110" longer than OEM mag boxes. I always tell McMillian Fiberglass when I am using Wyatt extened and/or extened and expanded boxes (.284 and short mag boxes). It saves me inlett time. I always ask for Weatherby fill in the action area of the stock and have the screw holes opened up to .500" so I can just slide in and glue my pillars.

Nat Lambeth

That's a nice little combination your having built, very portable.Don't be to fussed with the inletting it took me all of five minutes to open it up for the wyatts.Good luck with your build.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.